Guys, seriously, I am so honored I’m almost speechless. But I will try to put my gratitude into words, please bare with me.
I have recently received TWO blog awards (which you may have noticed on my sidebar); the Shine On Award and the WordPress Family Award! I mean wow, I most definitely was not expecting ANY award, let alone TWO in a matter of days! Like I said, bare with me, I am still kinda in shock.
The Shine On Award
I have nominated you for The Shine On Award. Even if you choose not to participate in awards, please know that I am reading your blog and truly enjoy what you share. I am fortunate to have you as part of my WordPress community. You are particularly qualified for this award given your struggles and strength to shine through in spite of them. Bravo!
I mean, WOW, right?! And let me tell you, I was feeling less than shiny when I read that and it gave me a newfound strength that I desperately needed. So part of this award is sharing seven things about myself, hope you enjoy 🙂
1. I am a lover of animals – I have two dogs, two cats and a gecko
2. My mother is my best friend. She has always been there for me, even if only by phone, she is the one who knows what to say when I’m freaking out about who knows what. She sends me little gifts and funny cards, and we can talk on the phone about nothing for hours! I never have to fear rejection from her, she loves me and supports me no matter what. I couldn’t ask for anything more!
3. I love tea. Not bag tea that you buy from the supermarket, loose leaf tea. I worked at Teavana for two years and learned so much about tea – health benefits and such (there is actually a “hangover tea” if you ask the right people). My personal favorite is Silver Needle White Tea, which is packed with antioxidants and is said to be more hydrating than water.
4. Guilty pleasure TV – Being Human, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Shameless, Sons of Anarchy, Leave It To Beaver, Angel and Buffy The Vampire Slayer – Don’t judge me 🙂
6. I am the baby of my family – two sisters and a brother (though my brother has no interest in my life). My oldest sister is a PhD professor at San Diego State University, married with two beautiful boys. My other sister trains and shows horses, also married with one amazing little girl. And I don’t talk about my brother.
7. I have a monster in my head. If you follow my blog you know I have major depressive disorder. Well I call it my monster and it lives in my head. I have to fight it every.single.day, just to get out of bed and get through the day. My endless quest is to find happiness in the life I’ve been given so as to “kill” the monster, for happiness is the only weapon against the monster.
The next part of being nominated for this award is nominating other bloggers! This was both fun and difficult for me because I follow some seriously awesome blogs. My first nomination goes to Rhonda Elkins of My Bright Shining Star, a blog dedicated to her brilliant daughter who tragically committed suicide. She is truly deserving of this award, as she has shined on through the worst of the worst, and has helped a lot of other people through her writing (she has even published a book!)
My second nomination goes to Echoes Of Words because although she struggles with PTSD she really shines through with her writing. Another very deserving nominee, you all should go check out her blog and give her some love!
I would like to present my third and final nomination to Laura Gabrielle Feasey because she inspires me to find happiness every day with her series 100 Happy Days! She is another one to check out, you’ll be addicted quickly!
To my nominees, if you participate in awards then here’s what you need to do!
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate other bloggers and link to them (there is no specific number you must nominate)
- Notify your nominees and the award requirements
I am going to wrap this up loves, because I don’t want to bore you by rambling on! I will be back soon in an effort to express my gratitude (and to announce my nominees) for the WordPress Family Award!